Family wanting to visit Davao, here are some ideal places to visit.
Davao has indeed became so popular not only because of its must-visit sight-seeing places but also for its safe and clean environment.
In fact, Davao has been hailed as the 4th safest city in the World in a survey in 2015.
I, being a Davaoeña is proud to say that because of the ordinances being strictly implemented by our President Rodrigo Duterte who became a Mayor of the city for 20 years.
It’s still safe to visit different places in the city since the President’s daughter and son are now leading the city as a Mayor and Vice-Mayor respectively.
Here are Davao City Ordinances a tourist must know before visiting.
- Smoking Ordinance. It was first implemented in 2002. Smokers should avoid smoking in public places however, there are designated smoking areas such as resto-bars, beach resorts, and cafes. Violators face penalties based on the frequency of their offense: P1,000 fine or month-long jail time for the first offense, P2,500 or two-month jail time for the second offense, and P5,000 or four-months in jail for the third offense. To learn more about this ordinance, read more here.
- Total Fire-cracking ban. Every New Year, Davao has been always recorded with zero casualty since its implementation in 2001. Violators of the firecracker ordinance are fined P1,000 or a month in jail for the first offense, P3,000 or three months in jail for the second offense, and P5,000 or six months in jail for the third offense.
- Speed Limit Ordinance. A maximum of 30kph downtown and 40kph within the city, and about 60kph within the city borders. To learn more about this ordinance, read more here.
- Liquor ban. Selling and drinking alcoholic beverages in public places are banned in the city from 1am to 8am. Violators pay a fine of P3,000 for the first offense, P5,000 or a three-month jail time for the second offense, and P5,000 and one year in jail, including the revocation of the establishment’s business permit, for the third offense.
Now that you’ve learned the basics, let’s head to the must-visit places in Davao for families.
- Davao Crocodile Park.
If you love animals and travelling in the city with your kids, then Davao Crocodile Park is an ideal place to be. It’s not far from the city center so it’s convenient to visit and kids won’t get tired from transporting or commuting.
- The place showcases baby Crocs and big, montrous Crocs as well. It features the biggest salwater Crocodile in the Philippines named ‘Pangil” which is 18 ft. long.
Davao Crocodile Park doesn’t only showcases Crocodiles but also other animals as well. Below is a photo of my family holding together a Burmese Python. Would you dare yourself to hold it too?
Burmese Python is considered as one of the biggest snake in the world. Amazing, right? Well, if you want more of their animals, you can enjoy Fish-feeding, watching the Animal Talent Show, Animal Petting, Crocodile-feeding, and other various activities in the park.
- Not to mention the different kinds of animals including the Siberian Tiger and birds including the Philippine Eagle. The whole family gets the best day with the animals at an affordable price, of course.
- Eden Nature Park Mountain Resort.
If you’re looking for a relaxing place to visit and stay at th same time while seeking for another adventure, then this is the best place for you. Eden Nature Park and Resort is located in the suburb of the city.
They offer different accommodations such as Holiday Lodge which is ideal for Honeymoon or vacation purposes, Vista Lodge for couples who want to have an intimate time away from the busy city.
Log Cabin that can accommodate up to 14 persons, Pine lodge that’s ideal for groups having a Team Building, Mountain Villas dor large families, and other types of rooms available for every type of tourists.
There are varius activities to enjoy in the place. Fishing with your kids must be fun for your family. What’s more, Horseriding, swimming, trekking, zip-lining, Sky-riding with a bicycle, and more Amenities to enjoy.
- Philippine Eagle Nature Center.
Davao is also known as the home of the world’s largest and most powerful birds of prey, the Philippine Eagle, which is also known as the Philippines’ National bird.
Families can enjoy not only the eagles, but also the other mammals, reptiles and more birds. The place aims to educate people especially the children about the conservation and propagation of the critically endangered Philippine Eagle.
Therefore, this is a must visit place for your kids. The place is wide and everything is natural in which you can enjoy the nature well while having a picnic.
- Jack’s Ridge.
This is the place to recommend when you love to hang out at night in the city. The restaurant is situated at the top of the hills so the city’s view is overwhlmingly overlooking while enjoying the fresh air and relaxing ambience.
Not only that, there are many amenities in this place such as Function halls where we held our company’s christmas party last year, swimming pool, restaurants, cottages where you can stay overnight, and more.
- People’s Park
People’s Park is a 4-hectare park and comes from the idea of the then City Mayor and current President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte. This park is open for the citizens and tourists for FREE. What I like about this park is that they keep the cleanliness inside and around it’s premises.
You can enjoy its arrayed tropical rain forest trees, large sculptures, interactive fountains, man-made ponds and waterfalls, a Durian-shaped dome, a shady and open plaza, playground for children, and many more ornaments.
Both adults and children can enjoy the park. Kids can play in the playground with its own toilet and washroom while the adults can join the Zumba or morning exercises for free during the weekends.
- The Gap Farm Orchard Resort.
From the name itself, Gap Farm Orchard Resort is basically a farm rich with fruit-trees, tropical trees, and other various plants.
The resort has a large swimming pool, horseback riding facilities, convention hall, a small man-made cave, and vast picnic areas.
Other attractions include the historical and mythical statues , a parade of sculptured animals, a row of all the Philippines’ presidents’ busts, and different tribes of Mindanao.
- Malagos Garden Resort.
Malagos Garden Resort
Recently, this place has been so popular because it has the first ever Chocolate Museum in Philippines. Everyone has their minds blown when they’ve finally tasted the Malagos chocolate so be sure to try it when you visit there.
The place has other amazing and desirable places to explore such as the their gardens, butterfly sanctuary, and aviary where you can feed the birds, a restaurant where you can order the Malagos chocolate.
For adventure geeks, try their Sky-Walker. It’s a carefully designed obstacle course consists of eight (8) stations that will test how far your limits are– mentally and physically.
So that’s all folks! Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoy it and I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy more when you visit all the places featured in this blog post. 😉 Ciao!