Let’s talk about Buerger’s Disease
President Rodrigo Duterte suffers Buerger’s Disease
As quoted from Singapore news on December 14, 2016 about Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte.
“Oust me – good; assassinate me – better; I have this migraine every day,” he said. “I have a lot of issues with my spine. What I have is really Buerger’s disease. It’s an acquired thing that you get from smoking, because of nicotine.”
Doctors had advised surgery on his spine, he said, but his wife, a nurse who used to work in the United States, did not agree because “a lot of operations for the spine went wrong”.
He added: “If you guys see me always in a sad mood, I am actually pushing a nerve here to relieve the pain,” and touched the right side of his face.
What is Buerger’s Disease?
Almost everyone with Buerger’s disease smokes cigarettes. However, Buerger’s disease can occur in people who use other forms of tobacco, like chewing tobacco.
Buerger’s Disease patient is mostly trigger to young male (e.g., 20–40 years old) who is a heavy cigarette smoker. More recently, however, a higher percentage of women and people over the age of 50 have been recognized to have this disease.
Another name of Buerger’s Disease is “Thromboangitis Obliterans”
Buerger’s disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) is a rare disease of the arteries and veins in the arms and legs. In Buerger’s disease, your blood vessels become inflamed, swell and can become blocked with blood clots.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF BUERGER’S DISEASES?
The initial symptoms include pain induced by insufficient blood flow during exercise in the feet and or the hands. The pain usually begins in the extremities but may radiate to other parts of the body. Patients may experience numbness and tingling in the limbs and also Raynaud’s Phenomenon. Raynaud’s is a condition where the extremities of the hands and feet turn white when exposed to cold. A common sign in Buerger’s is skin ulceration and gangrene of the fingers and toes.
As Buerger’s disease worsens, you may start to develop ulcers on your hands and feet, which can be painful. Skin infections can also set in. Gangrene can develop if the tissues in your hands and feet completely die due to lack of blood supply. If you develop gangrene, your skin and underlying tissues become black.
Out of your two feet and two hands, it is usually at least three of these that are affected in Buerger’s disease. However, you may notice symptoms in just one finger of your hand or one toe on your foot.
In addition to smoking, male gender, genetic factors, infectious agents and mental stress due to poor socio-economic circumstances have all been suggested as possible trigger factor. Cardiovascular risk factors may also be important, especially glucose intolerance.
The only way you can help yourself for not getting burgers diseases is live a healthy lifestyle. You may have hear this again and again from family, friends and your aquentances and it is not gonna stop until you help yourself.
Take one step at a time.. and do your best if you want to avoid Buerger’s disease
- Brush and floss daily to keep your teeth and gums healthy and free of disease.
- Get a good night’s rest. …
- Enjoy regular family meals. …
- Smile and laugh out loud several times a day. …
- Meditate, (how to meditate can be found HERE. Pray, or otherwise find solace for at least 10-20 minutes each day.
- Eat breakfast, and eat smaller meals throughout the day. A healthy breakfast can jumpstart your metabolism, while eating small, healthy meals (rather than the standard three large meals) keeps your energy up.
Avoid eating at night. Try to eat dinner earlier and fast for 14-16 hours until breakfast the next morning. Studies suggest that eating only when you’re most active and giving your digestive system a long break each day may help to regulate weight.
WHAT FOOD IS BEST FOR PEOPLE WHO SUFFER BUERGER’S DISEASES?
- High quality protein. Protein is a source of waste products in body. High quality protein contains more essential amino acids. Our bodies can absorb them and use them to maintain the normal function of body so as to reduce the production of waste products, which is good for kidney protection. Lean meat, fish, egg white and poultry without skin are all high quality protein. But if you have proteinuria and kidney function impairment, you should follow a low protein intake.
- Avoid salt- here is why?
- Salt or Sodium Chloride in ANY form is an irritant and is toxic to the body.
- It kills our taste buds.
- Causes Premature Ageing – don’t you want to look younger than your age? Here is my secret formula to look 9 years younger than my age and to all of you who take this will benefit GENERAL GOOD HELTH.
- Salt has irritating effect upon the body and its delicate membranes, especially in cases such as gastritis or ulcers.
In many fresh foods such as vegetables like celery or sea vegetables, they have high contain in sodium, that is more than good enough salt.
Here is my simple recipe for pumpkin with NO salt.
However if you must need salt.. try using very pure sea salt like
And what I use at home to marinate some meat for BBQ is the Himalayan salt.
We wish you good health always…
Please subscribe to our blog for the next news.. thank you..